silly autocad 2004 question....

this may seem like a rather silly question, but i'm hoping someone can excuse my lack of intelligence at the moment and help me out.

okay, so i've just scaled a drawing from millimetres to metres, and now all the extension lines/arrows/leaders of the dimensions are rather large.... how do i fix this???

if it helps any, i'm using AutoCAD 2004, and i'm working in model space....

thanks!!

lilmissgiggles

Reply to
lilmissgiggles

Look at the DIMSCALE variable (hope those dimensions are associative). ___

Reply to
Paul Turvill

i tried that already... it didn't work..

Reply to
lilmissgiggles

Are the dimensions associative or are they exploded? Did you UPDATE the dimensions after changing DIMSCALE? ___

Reply to
Paul Turvill

AutoCAD only understands drawing units. By scaling, you have just changed the drawing units from mm to m but your I take it your DIMSTYLES are still defined as mm being the drawing units.

So, you are going to have to either change the various settings for your DIMSTYLES so that the components are defined as though they are metres, or set your value of DIMSCALE to be 1000 times smaller than it would be if the drawing was using mm as the drawing unit.

Reply to
Ian A. White

Why on earth did you do that? Having a hard time calculating back from mm to m.?

Just curious.

Jan

"lilmissgiggles" schreef in bericht news:Wco%b.8894$ snipped-for-privacy@news20.bellglobal.com...

Reply to
JP

You need to change the dimscale of the dimstyle that was used. If you just change DIMSCALE at the command prompt, you're creating an override for new dimensions.

......and, as Paul mentioned, this all assumes they are associate, which they were, or they wouldn't have changed when you scaled the drawing.

Reply to
TomD

i scaled the drawing because i have to enter in elevations (in m) for the Z value, afterwords it's imported into another program (Eaglepoint) so that we can do an earthworks calculation for the site.

Reply to
lilmissgiggles

Depending on your exact circumstances, it might be better to do the data entry in Excel and import via an ascii file into EaglePoint. (Just a thought.....it would have been much simpler, if it would work for your situation.)

Reply to
TomD