Parameters visible on file open screen?

Is there a way to have a parameter displayed on the part list when opening a part or assembly component. For example, we use part numbers as file names. Once a project directory has a few dozen parts in it, it becomes difficult to remember which parts are which. All parts have a parameter for description which if it was available when browsing for a part would solve the problem.

Thanks,

KK

Reply to
Kory Krofft

I'm not sure if this is what you want, but it is possible to create a note, with a paramtere in it. use &parameter, and it should display. I use this for parts which I create to check the internal volume of a vessel. I put a relation in that converts the mm3 to litres. cheers Craig

Reply to
craig stevens

Hi KK,

I can think of one way to handle this, but this may not be the most elegant one. If you open a part (or any other proe-file) through the library-option (#open#library), you can display descriptions next to the file-names in the open-dialog. So, you just have to store the parts underneath your chosen library path and add a description to each part in the *.mnu file (see the manual for further description about that or ask again). But watch out, all the files that are not in that mnu-file will *not* be displayed in the open-dialog. Those you have to open the old way (browse), where the descriptions are not displayed.

HTH, Tom

Kory Krofft wrote:

Reply to
Dammerl

You need Intralink to do this. Then the file/open command will display intralink default table parameters.

Reply to
dakeb