Vista

A while back there was a thread about whether or not AutoCAD would run on
Vista. Is there anything new to report? I am running 2004 on a XPS 410
Dell. I have ordered my Vista and plan on putting it aside till any issues
with AutoCAD are resolved...that is if there are any.
TIA
Shirley
Reply to
S. Smith
According to the official line on the Autodesk news groups the answer is no.
BUT form what some of the NG posters say in the treads is that it is possible.
If you go to the Autodesk site and find the News Groups do a search there are quite a few post about this.
GOOD LUCK
A while back there was a thread about whether or not AutoCAD would run on Vista. Is there anything new to report? I am running 2004 on a XPS 410 Dell. I have ordered my Vista and plan on putting it aside till any issues with AutoCAD are resolved...that is if there are any. TIA Shirley
Reply to
Tankie43
Here is a link to the Autodesk web page.
Your AutoCAD 2004 is not supported. It may install, it may not. If it does install some features of the program may not work. The bottom line is don't call Autodesk for support if it doesn't work.
Reply to
sakoguy
Thanks for the reply. That is a good "heads up". Guess I will just keep Vista on the shelf. Shirley
Reply to
S. Smith
if you install it in Vista you can run the program with compatability in xp. this is something that xp also has for programs that dont run in xp but can be run in a previous version right click the desktop icon and go to the compatability tab and select xp
Jairo Grijalva