OT-cd creation

I am posting this here because I know there are a lot of very smart people here. I am also a user of AutoCAD. Is there a way for me to copy cassettes to CD with my pc? Is there a piece
of equipment I could purchase for this?. My pc is a Dell XPS 410, pretty current as I only purchased it less that a year ago. TIA S. Smith
S. Smith wrote:

Generally headphone output from cassette decks/players or RCA output connector can go directly to the compute line-in jack.

Sounds like a good idea. I can give that a try. Many thanks!! S.Smith
yeah, just run it through the line in, or the mic jack if you only have that. the quality will depend on the quality of your soundcard. i recorded all my LPs to mp3 a couple years ago (the quality isn't as good as a ripped cd, but they were old LPs that never were recorded on cd). i just ran the cable through the line in and used recording software to make the file. it's pretty simple, time consuming, but simple, and a hell of a lot cheaper than buying one of those cd burners for a stereo system (which aren't that great anyway).

Thanks for the info. I will give it a try. S.Smith

alanjt wrote:

Seconded. I too did a fair number of my old LP's like this - should be exactly the same for your cassettes. Main problem for me was the time, as alanjt mentioned - there is no way to speed things up. End product ain't too bad though. Good luck.

Thanks.......If I can find the time this weekend, I will give it a shot. S.Smith
eric wrote:

With old turntables you have to go through an receiver/amp. The signal is different than coming from a cassete player/deck. There are devices one can buy to go from the turntable to the computer. Take a look at these: http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/find/newsLetter/vinyl-records.jsp http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/readflat.asp?forum 04&thread$727522&page=1

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/readflat.asp?forum 04&thread$727522&page=1
Thank you Bob. S. Smith
S. Smith wrote:

You're welcome...