OT-cd creation

I am posting this here because I know there are a lot of very smart people
here. I am also a user of AutoCAD.
Is there a way for me to copy cassettes to CD with my pc? Is there a piece
of equipment I could purchase for this?. My pc is a Dell XPS 410, pretty
current as I only purchased it less that a year ago.
TIA
S. Smith
Reply to
S. Smith
Generally headphone output from cassette decks/players or RCA output connector can go directly to the compute line-in jack.
Reply to
bob
Sounds like a good idea. I can give that a try. Many thanks!! S.Smith
Reply to
S. Smith
yeah, just run it through the line in, or the mic jack if you only have that. the quality will depend on the quality of your soundcard. i recorded all my LPs to mp3 a couple years ago (the quality isn't as good as a ripped cd, but they were old LPs that never were recorded on cd). i just ran the cable through the line in and used recording software to make the file. it's pretty simple, time consuming, but simple, and a hell of a lot cheaper than buying one of those cd burners for a stereo system (which aren't that great anyway).
Reply to
alanjt
Thanks for the info. I will give it a try. S.Smith
Reply to
S. Smith
Seconded. I too did a fair number of my old LP's like this - should be exactly the same for your cassettes. Main problem for me was the time, as alanjt mentioned - there is no way to speed things up. End product ain't too bad though. Good luck.
Reply to
eric
Thanks.......If I can find the time this weekend, I will give it a shot. S.Smith
Reply to
S. Smith
With old turntables you have to go through an receiver/amp. The signal is different than coming from a cassete player/deck. There are devices one can buy to go from the turntable to the computer. Take a look at these:
bob

Thank you Bob. S. Smith
Reply to
S. Smith