AutoCAD to CD

Question: As a consultant, has anyone ever burnt their copy of AutoCAD with all the directories to a CD to travel and work at someone
else's computer? I have R14 and want to use it in another company's office. I don't want to install my copy on their computer but do want to use the lisp routines, blocks, libraries and the customized menu I have. I'd like to burn MY Acadia complete to a CD and take it along when I work there. I also get to remove the CD at night when I leave without worrying about someone copying any of my stuff. They're using the same version o Windows so I could place an icon on the desktop that points to my CD. Is this possible or practical? R. Wink
short answer, no you can't copy an already installed program to a CD and paste it into a different computer and expect it to work.
long answer yes it is possible, however you may have to amke a custom registy file that pastes the correct registys in the correct location on that differnet computer then erace those registies once you are done with it.
however if you know how to do that, then you wouldn't need to post on news group.,
therefore install acad on new computer and burn your custom lisp, macros etc etc to disk and relink them once it is installed on new computer.
best solution: get a laptop
hope this helps
Rockon!

directories to a CD to travel and work at someone

to install my copy on their computer but do want to

I'd like to burn MY Acadia complete to a CD and

when I leave without worrying about someone copying

place an icon on the desktop that points to my CD.

In addition to Adam's reply, you wouldn't be able to run AutoCAD from the CD, anyway, because AutoCAD expects to be able to write to several of the ACAD subfolders during an operating session. About the best you could do without causing havoc at the other company's place of business would be to take your LISP routines, and possibly your menus (*.mnc files), on a CD and load them as needed. ___

Thanks, you guys. I thought that it wasn;t going to work but you never know. Someone may have found a way around the problem OR had figured out what was needed. R. Wink

Search the Autodesk newsgroups at: http://discussion.autodesk.com for Using Acad on another PC as a visitor there were a couple of detailed discussions about this