SWX 07 in Vista Compatibility mode OK ?

I convinced mgmt. to get new equipment and it comes with Vista by default.
I have done a test run on another machine of 07 and Vista in comp. mode and
it seems OK.
Has anyone any expereince with this and is it reliable enough for mission
critical income producing work or is it not quite there yet ?
TIA.
Reply to
Wonderman
I've found it to be a bit unstable for anything serious. The system we're using is a Quadro 560 card with Vista 64 Business. Anything bigger we boot into XP Pro 64 and work from there.
Reply to
Raptor
Are you reliable enough to run VISTA?
Here are just a few of the services that collect and send data to Microsoft:
Auto Root Update, Customer Experience Improvement Program (CEIP), Device Manager Digital Certificates, Driver Protection, Dynamic Update, File Association Web Service, Games Folder, Input Method Editor (IME), Installation Improvement Program, Internet Explorer 7, IPv6 Network Address Translation (NAT) Traversal Service (Teredo), Network Awareness, Network Connectivity Status Icon, Parental Controls, Peer Name Resolution Service, Plug and Play, Plug and Play Extensions, Program Compatibility Assistant, Rights Management Services (RMS) Client, Update Root Certificates, Windows Control Panel, Windows Mail (Windows Live Mail, Hotmail, or MSN Mail), Windows Media Digital Rights Management and Windows Media Player.
There are several more listed on the Vista Privacy Statement site with explanations of what they do. We won't even go into detail about the nightmare or ineptitude of Windows Genuine Advantage.

TOP
The indexing background routine tries to call crl.micros**t.com as well, using http port 80.
Best regards, Spehro Pefhany
Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

Site Timeline