Any one got Acad and Vista working ??

Any one here got ANY version of AutoCAD, AutoCAD Mechanical or MDT working with/on a comp with Windows VISTA ???

Reply to
Mason

reseller none of the current Autodesk products are supported in Vista. The versions that come out this spring supposedly will be the Vista compatible versions.

Daryl Stockton

Reply to
sakoguy

Daryl Stockton

Reply to
Mason

Yes I heard this every time a new version of windows has come out but yet it always seems that Acad will run on them.

I hope this is true. I am using 2004 and am unable to upgrade for financial reasons. I am also wondering how long we should wait before switching to Vista? I think this is going to be a huge pain for most users. Has anyone installed Vista yet? I think it is just now being released, so it may be too soon to say. Dallas Morning News, Fri, 1/26/07, Personal Technology, Business section, page 7D, article has a good review of Vista. It is the best one yet that I have read. Shirley

Reply to
S. Smith

Yes I heard this every time a new version of windows has come out but yet it always seems that Acad will run on them.

I hope this is true. I am using 2004 and am unable to upgrade for financial reasons. I am also wondering how long we should wait before switching to Vista? I think this is going to be a huge pain for most users. Has anyone installed Vista yet? I think it is just now being released, so it may be too soon to say. Dallas Morning News, Fri, 1/26/07, Personal Technology, Business section, page 7D, article has a good review of Vista. It is the best one yet that I have read. Shirley

Reply to
Mason

I am running Acad 2004 on RC1 build 5600. So far two features do not work (ie Acad aborts) opening the layer manager and opening the load autolisp dialogue. Actually the abort occurs when I close either dialogue. Works fine using the command line.

Reply to
taiken

I tested out Autocad on Vista a while back. Did not run, I posted the results on my site, check the header. .

davetee

[...]

I have had Autocad 2002 working on Vista RC1 5600 for a few months now with no problems.

Jeannette

YES, with some minor plotting problems. but working very good

Reply to
MMM

always seems that Acad will run on them.

messagenews: snipped-for-privacy@v45g2000cwv.googlegroups.com...

Running on Vista and being supported by Autodesk are two different things entirely. Yes, you may get the software to work, initially. Then all of a sudden something doesn't work. Don't call Autodesk for help because "they don't support it". I know this because I did Autodesk product support for a reseller last year and that is what the official Autodesk line is. That being said, your reseller's tech support may try to help you with a problem with an unsupported configuration, but they don't have to if Autodesk does not support your version on Vista. I now work for an architectural firm that wants to test Vista. We bought a new Dell Precision Workstation preloaded with Vista Business. The company runs ADT 3.3, ADT 2007, and Revit. We will be getting the

2008 versions of ADT and Revit pretty soon under our subscription. I will loading ADT 3.3, ADT 2008 and Revit 2008 on the Vista box to see if 3.3 even runs well enough to use it and if it conflicts with ADT 2008. I will try to post the results on this group.
Reply to
sakoguy