Zero Fog mister

I just had about my 100th request to make a copy of my zero fog mister. its a device to spray coolant without that annoying fog the cheap misters put out. Anyway I looked up the links and thought I'd repost here also.

Karl

Karl Townsend

Interesting. I have dribble cooling in the lather, but the mill is a problem.

My shop looked like a fogbank after some hours of work, so I was using a mask. I stopped using the misters because of the fog, and need a better answer.

What is the number of the mentioned patent? I did a little searching, and came up with 5,390,854 from a picture on . I would suggest adding the patent number to the text file.

What application understands a .DWG file?

Joe Gwinn

Reply to
Joseph Gwinn

Joseph Gwinn fired this volley in news:joegwinn- snipped-for-privacy@news.giganews.com:

AutoCAD, Rhino, and there are several others.

Besides that, you can get freeware .dwg "readers" all over. No CAD features, just display/print the file.

LLoyd

Reply to
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh

OK.

Which readers by name will do this?

Joe Gwinn

Reply to
Joseph Gwinn

Joseph Gwinn fired this volley in news:joegwinn- snipped-for-privacy@news.giganews.com:

This one doesn't print, but is completely free.

LLoyd

Reply to
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh

Truview is Autodesk's free viewer -- .dwg is the native autocad file format. It allows you to view, print, and take measurements from a drawing in .dwg or .dxf format.

Ned Simmons

If you're interested. This fella just posted the unit on his web site:

Karl Townsend

Hey Karl,

Thanks for that. The pix shows up much better there than it did in your original post. Much clearer to see the whole thing.

A question though.........what do you use as the "coolant"? I presently only use flood coolant of a soluble-oil type that is a 20:1 mix with tap water.

Take care.

Brian Lawson, Bothwell, Ontario.

Reply to
Brian Lawson

I use exactly the same. The fresh made goes to the CNC mill. I have a drain tube to a pail on the table. The recycle then goes into the saw. When running 304 SS, I up the concentration to 8 or 10% but normally 5%.

I used to use koolmist. But there's been no need for this more expensive material.

Karl

Reply to
Karl Townsend

Thanks.

Joe Gwinn

Reply to
Joseph Gwinn

Thanks,

Joe

Reply to
Joseph Gwinn

Hey Karl,

Thanks for the reply. I'll give it a try.

Brian. XXXXXXXXXXXXXX >

Reply to
Brian Lawson

One more question. What kind of air pressure regulator are you using?

Joe Gwinn

Reply to
Joseph Gwinn