Hydrostatoc Test Pumps

Does anyone know where I can get info on how to make a hydrostatic test pump or pick one up cheap? I'd like to be able to het the pressure into the 1000-2000psi range using water.

Thanks Phil Stein

Reply to
Phil Stein

================= I don't know if it would work with water, but I have seen lever action grease guns used as hydraulic pumps [with hydraulic oil /atf] for applications in this range. May be possible to use a long line with water in the tank and in 1/2 the line and oil in the other half and in the gun, or some sort of isolator piston/piston or diaphragm.

Sounds like an interesting project. Unka' George (George McDuffee) .............................. Only in Britain could it be thought a defect to be "too clever by half." The probability is that too many people are too stupid by three-quarters.

John Major (b. 1943), British Conservative politician, prime minister. Quoted in: Observer (London, 7 July 1991).

Reply to
F. George McDuffee

Now if anyone wants a hydraulic pump that can produce 25,000 PSI (not a typo) talk to me. I have just one left.

Ignoramus11590

David Merrill

Reply to
David Merrill