OT- is the Google groups search feature broken?

I can't find anything in rec.crafts.metalworking over a year old.

Clark Magnuson

It works for me. How long ago did you try? It was out for a few days. There was another thread about it.

Reply to
Bob Engelhardt

Same here, Clark.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Danniken

Jon, Are you using Comcast or Thunderbird? Clark

Reply to
Clark Magnuson

Hi Clark,

My ISP is Comcast, but I am not using T-Bird as a browser. Searching any usenet group with advanced search yields only posts from this year, in both IE and Firefox.

One thing to note is that I do not have an account with Google (never have).

Jon

Reply to
Jon Danniken

Results 1 - 10 of about 824,000 from Jan 1, 1981 to May 6, 2006 for group:rec.crafts.metalworking

I use the full Mozilla package.

Martin Martin H. Eastburn @ home at Lions' Lair with our computer lionslair at consolidated dot net TSRA, Life; NRA LOH & Endowment Member, Golden Eagle, Patriot"s Medal. NRA Second Amendment Task Force Charter Founder IHMSA and NRA Metallic Silhouette maker & member.

Martin H. Eastburn

OK, it's back. Now in addition to power outtages, internet outages, phone outages, and snow, now I have Google outages.

Reply to
Clark Magnuson

I get:

1 - 10 of about 799,000 from Jan 1, 1981 to May 6, 2006 for group:rec.crafts.metalworking ======================================================================

(after making sure to cut and paste the three lines which showed on my screen into a single URL.)

Enjoy, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols
[ ... ]

[ ... ]

Well ... it worked for me -- and I have never had an account with Google.

But I am not going though Comcast, and I am using Opera as my browser.

Enjoy, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols

Well, Don, you must be a magic Genie because it works now.

Thanks for fixing it! :)

Mike

Reply to
Jon Danniken