how to use D-cubed

Hello, everybody:

I am a graduate student at York University, Toronto, Canada. I am a new user for D-cubed. In order to develop an application about protein structure, I need to use D-cubed 3D DCM.

Currently, I have D-cubed 3D DCM manual, but I am looking for some other easier stuff to get started. Is there any other helpful resources to learn how to use D-cubed 3D DCM?

I have Microsoft Visual C++ and D-cubed 3D DCM in my computer, but I do not know how to use 3D DCM functions in my C++ program.

If you know how they works and would like to tell me, please do.

Thanks very much in advance.

Regards

Larry

Reply to
Larry

If you were talking about D-cupped, I may be able to help, sorry! Though I've had little experience with that also, still a little is better than none.

Sorry all, just need to lighten my day a little!

Keith

Reply to
Keith Streich

Larry,

I believe that D-Cubed supply an interactive test harness with 3D DCM that can be used to exercise all the functionality. If you have licensed the source code for the test harness you could see how that works by stepping through in the Microsoft Visual C++ debugger. However, because it exercises all the functionality, the test harness is quite a decent size. Probaby, D-Cubed supply a much simpler program that runs on the command line, and performs a minimal integration of 3D DCM. You could start from there if you want to keep things simple.

3D DCM doesn't have much in the way of state, so you will have to supply your own 3D data-structures for the geometries, relations and dimensions that you wish to use. After registering these entities and their relationships with 3D DCM, you will be able to ask 3D DCM to perform an evaluation. 3D DCM will the solve the contraint equations, and then use callback functions supplied by you to update the geometric data-structures.

For more information, I suggest you contact D-Cubed technical support, who are always very helpful.

Reply to
Paul Delhanty