Where do I find "Ship in a Bottle" Benchmark?

I recently ran the SPEC benchmark and was not happy with the results of my CPU. I have a Precision 370 with 3.0 Processor, 1 Meg of Ram, and an ATI FireGL 3100 Video card with 128 Megs of Ram. Below are the results. I wanted to run the Ship to get a second opinion. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks.

Test Averages for 5 tests(s). Test Total = 429.72 Graphics = 168.57 CPU = 94.67 I/O = 166.48

sw2005.Result.score = 1.73 sw2005.Result.graphics = 1.02 sw2005.Result.cpu = 3.34 sw2005.Result.io = 1.79

Reply to
reilly22

Keith Streich

How do I run the benchmark?

Reply to
reilly22

Just ran ship in bottle benchmark for the first time, did ctrl-q then ran the supplied macro.did the default 50 rebuilds and the posted score was

32.95313 seconds. resolution set to 1600 x 1200 at 32 bit colour quality and 85hz refresh rate.

no idea if this is good or not but it is a yardstick for others.

Cheers...

Reply to
Wry&Dry

MOBO - ASUS a8v - 1.5gb Ram AMD Athlon 64 3500+ Nvidia FX500 W2k sp4

Sceen res 1024 x 768 32bit colour LCD screen

Optimize edge length - off ( if on can double times) with 'Shaded edges removed' and image quality slider at Max - 38sec with 'shaded edges' amd Image quality at Max - 41.5sec

with 'shaded edges removed' and image quality slide at Min - 28sec with 'shaded edges' and image quality min - 29sec

Regards

Jonathan

Reply to
jjs

tools | macro | run

Reply to
Keith Streich

Ok so just did the ship in bottle benchmark again with different settings:

Optimize edge length - off. Shadows off with 'Shaded edges removed' and image quality slider at Max - 29.5 with 'shaded edges' amd Image quality at Max - 30.5

with 'shaded edges removed' and image quality slide at Min - 22.1 with 'shaded edges' and image quality min - 22.5

Note that shadows turned off increased performance by approx 1-2 seconds.

MOBO - MSI K8N Neo2 - 2.0 gig Ram AMD Athlon 64 3500+ Nvidia Quadro 4 900 XGL Win XP Pro SP2

SolidWorks 2005 SP2.0

will do my work PC which is a dual P4 3.2 Ghz with 2 gig ram and an FX1300 card to see how that stacks up..

:^)

Reply to
Wry&Dry

I forgot to mention

I had the shadow off - forgot about even having it on !!

I also forgot to say using sw2005 sp2 as well.

Wry & Dry

So I seem to be about 10 sec approx slower - with 500mb less Ram and a cheaper video card !! Usefull to know when alocating budgets next time around.

Regards

Jonathan

Reply to
jjs

with 'Shaded edges removed' and image quality slider at Max - 29.2 with 'shaded edges' amd Image quality at Max - 39.0

with 'shaded edges removed' and image quality slide at Min - 28.8 with 'shaded edges' and image quality min - 29.2

MOBO - DONT KNOW - 2.0 gig Ram 2x P4 3.2 Ghz processors Nvidia Quadro FX 1300 Win XP Pro SP2

SolidWorks 2005 SP2.0

Reply to
wry&dry