Where to find the Ship Modeling FAQ

Archive-name: models/ships/faq
Posting-Frequency: 5 days
Last-modified: 1 September 2005
This is the POINTER to the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) on ship
modeling. The FAQ itself is longer posted (since September,
2001); only the HTML version is available, at:

*This* POINTER is posted weekly. It goes to:
news:rec.models.scale, news:rec.models.rc.water, news:news.answers
and news:rec.answers .
Also HIGHLY recommended is the Ship Modeling Email List Server
(essentially an e-mail discussion group). To subscribe, go to:
...and follow the instructions there.
The following three sites are especially useful to ship modelers!
"The Maritime History Virtual Archives": a GREAT!!! (and one of the
first!) WWW location, maintained by Lars Bruzelius (in Upsala,
Sweden):
.
"The Information Seaway" (Clay Feldman's Seaways' Ships in Scale
page) is at:
.
The Nautical Research Guild site is at:
.
JK
Reply to
John O. Kopf
this isnt chat, posting the same question over and over isnt necessary
Reply to
Shawn
Ever used a computer before? :>}
This is a FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions). It is posted periodically so people with dumb questions will look there first before asking here.
John Kopf
Shawn wrote:
Reply to
John O. Kopf
just saying theres no need to post several times when it just ends up under the same header anyway, if someones looking for the info and does a search of posts for it, they will find it from the first time you posted it. and yup i done used a compooter befer, i done probly fergot more than youl ever even know.
Reply to
Shawn
To John's (and his predecessors') credit and compliment, I thank him for this service as I've used the FAQ on more than one occasion. If someone's looking for the information, it's easier to find when posted regularly and if a newcomer to this group doesn't know where to look...
Frank Kranick
Reply to
Francis X. Kranick, Jr.
It's how things work on Usenet, and have for over 20 years.
We like our FAQs, and in some newfroups they contain frequently changing information as well.
Cheers, Gary B-)
P.S. "FAQ" should really stand for Frequently *Answered* Questions!
Reply to
Gary R. Schmidt
It's posted WEEKLY because some ISPs do not retain such posting for very long (AT&T used to hold them for only 5 days!)
John
Shawn wrote:
Reply to
John O. Kopf
in outlook express all it does is show up under the original header and way back to the date it was originally posted which was 8-10-05, it doesnt show up as a new post at the end of postings. i just read what i wrote and it looks confusing but anyway, do what ya want, i occaisionally scroll back now and then to see if any old posts have replies, no big deal, didnt mean for ya to get all angry and what not and snotty about my computer skills.
Reply to
Shawn