Flexible subs

SW2005 SP0.1

It appears that an Excel based BOM will not bring in config specific properties if you have a flexible sub in an assy. If you make it rigid, the config specific Description comes in. If it's flexible, you get whatever is in the Description field of the Custom properties. Confirmation? (The new SW BOM appears to work properly.)

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

This would explain the weird poo I experienced the other week with an assembly having several configs and 1 flexible sub assy (in a different position in each config).

Merry :-)

Reply to
Merry Owen

Confirmed. It's supposed to be fixed in sp1. Did you also notice that the balloon for the flexible subassembly shows *asterisks* instead of part #, qty, etc.?

Deb

Reply to
Deb Dowding

I didn't get far enough to see balloons - I was chasing the BOM field issue. I do remember the balloon thread, though and agree that they are probably related.

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

Was this one resolved with 1.1?