Calculate point loads using Cosmos works

Hi,

Can anyone help? I'm trying to calculate point loads using Cosmos Works so as to determine what Anti-vibration mounts I require for a Fan I Know the fans CofG and Total weight and need to calculate for 6 mounts (positions known), is there a way I can quickly model something in SW2005 to represent this and then run an analysis to find the loads at each point.

Thanks in advance. Jason

Reply to
JASON LONGLEY

Jason, Sure, here's what you need to do:

1) Model your object with the correct mounting points, mass, and CG 2) Make a new COSMOS Study 3) For restraints, use the "elastic restraint" option (instead of a "fixed" restraint) on each mounting point. I forget the exact name of the new feature but I don't have COSMOS in front of me. 4) Apply a gravity load to the fan 5) Mesh & run 6) Go to Cosmos/Result Tools/Reaction Forces, and when you pick on each restrained surface, you will get its total and component reaction forces. Hope this helps, let me know if you have problems.

-Denny Trimble

Reply to
dennyt