COSMOS/Works machine

We are spec'ing new machines and we have one seat of COSMOS/Works. My
thought on that machine is to build it the same as the others, with just as
much video power, 2 meg memory, etc. The only thing I would consider would
be dual processors. My reasoning is that the big drain for him is meshing,
and while I don't think Cosmos takes advantage of multiple processors
(actually I don't really know for sure) it would seem to make sense that he
could have one processor working 100% or so on the meshing and then use the
other one for whatever - ACAD, Word, email, etc.
If my reasoning is solid, is anyone currently doing that? How do you tell
the applications what to do, or does it "just happen" by itself?
Thoughts? Comments?
WT
Reply to
Wayne Tiffany
Wayne,
Save the expense of dual processors and go for the fastest possible CPU. Regarding using Word while meshing, etc. simply go into the task manager and set the priority of the SW task to low. You will hardly know that SW is using 100% cpu that way.
Only photoworks uses the dual setup.
If you are running models this big consider going to Designstar. You will give up nothing and have SW available while meshing and solving.
PS. I think you meant 2Gig of memory.
Wayne Tiffany wrote:
Reply to
kellnerp
WT,
I was going to ask about your "2 meg memory" fo-pa. If that was all you needed or wanted, I think I got an old 8088 with some that you can have. It would be free to a nice guy like yourself.....
Mr. Pickles
P.S.: Ya, I know I have a crooked nose, a distinctive voice, and Chia pet hair....
Reply to
Mr. Pickles
Dang, I hope Dale doesn't read this one - I poked him for his goof yesterday. I guess 2 meg is just remembering the good old days. :-)
WT
Reply to
Wayne Tiffany
Actually, I totally missed it. I saw 2 somethings of memory, and by brain just filled in "gigs".
Reply to
Dale Dunn
Hey, you missed your chance - too late now.....
WT
Reply to
Wayne Tiffany
Dale Dunn wrote in news:Xns94817D71C624Bdaledunnatjamestoolc@65.24.7.150:
Looks like I'm at it again. I need to learn to type as fast as I think.
Reply to
Dale Dunn