Is there a way to link to a rounded mass property in a drawing, for showing an estimated weight.

I have drawing that links to a property in the model "weight" which uses " snipped-for-privacy@concept.SLDASM". The problem is that the number shown is to three places, (for example

4075.301 lbs.) But my model is a very inaccurate dummy assembly. I would like the weight to show (for example 4100) so that the customer doesn't assume the weight is accurate.

I know how to round values in SW equations but for some reason the "SW- snipped-for-privacy@concept.SLDASM" property will not work pass any value to the equations in the assembly.

Is there a way to do this without macros?

Reply to
eworm

They supposedly fixed it so that you didn't have to go back into the part or assembly and set the significant digits down to what is appropriate for large parts.

TOP

Reply to
manager

I do not understand. How does one set the significant digits down to what is appropriate for large part?

Reply to
eworm

The old way was to go into the part or assembly and set the significant digits for mass to a desirable value. Seems to me they fixed it so it could be set in the drawing independently now, but I don't remember just how.

TOP

Reply to
manager