SW2009, Very slow switching between open documents

Hello Folks, we just upgraded from 2007SP5 to 2009SP2. Mostly went quite well actually!

But one thing that annoys me is that switching between open documents is so slow.

In 2007 it was instant (unless something had been update of course!)

In 2009 even for simple models there is a pause every time I hit Ctrl- tab of about 2 to 3 seconds before the next document comes up. Veeery frustrating if you are used to make frequent switches between open windows....

(WinXP Pro/x64, CPU 8x3.2GHz, RAM 8GB, FireGL 5600)

Any tips for how to get rid of this pause...?

(The new "browse open documents" popup is nice and all, but I would prefer no popup and no waiting...)

/GH

Reply to
gustaf.heland

I am finding a number of things that are much slower. That is one. VB programs seem to be a whole lot slower.

TOP

Reply to
manager

In case anyone else is interested, I have discovered that the slow window switching only happens when document windows are maximized inside the SW window. If the individual document windows are "normal" as in not maximized, switching is as snappy as ever. Even if they're full size.

Reply to
jesper.weissglas

a écrit dans le message de news: snipped-for-privacy@v39g2000yqm.googlegroups.com...

I am wondering if anyone with a NVidia quadro has the problem?

Currently on '06, preparing the '09 jump for june.

Reply to
Jean Marc