drawing mode very slow

Hi,

Using XP Prof, SWX 2004 SP1 and Quaddro 2.

I am experiencing massive slow down in drawing mode while dragging views and dimensions. CPU usage rockets to 100%. The dimensions are lining up with the others, maybe that's it. Can I turn that off? Currently I am able to edit dimensions of the part from within the drawing, can I turn that off too?

Thanks.

Reply to
Count Zero

Sorry, no help available. Known issue, can't do anything but wait for SP2. Supposedly it's going to be addressed there. We aren't going to SW2004 yet just because of that issue - wayyyyy too much time consumed.

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

A temporary fix that will help until SW releases SP2 is to turn off (uncheck) "Show contents while dragging drawing view" in Tools>Options>System Options>Drawings

Dave H

Reply to
Dave H

You can bypass the dimensions lining up with others by holding Alt down while dragging.

Corey

Reply to
Corey Scheich

Currently I am able to edit

I couldn't find a toggle for this in options, either in system or document properties. I'm sure it can be set, but perhaps it can only be set when you install?

Jerry Steiger Tripod Data Systems

Reply to
Jerry Steiger

I believe you are right it was an option durring install only.

Reply to
Corey Scheich

During install only is also what I thought about. Well, if it isn't causing the slowdown, I just hope for SP2, cause we're not able to go back to 2003 anymore...

Reply to
Count Zero