drawing performance

2004 sp1. i have a large part using the 2004 weldment functionality. 608 members. i have a complex drawing with lots of detail views and crops, part is 48 megs and drawing is like 4 megs.

i am pulling my hair out with this drawing the part is getting very slow.

I have an amd 2400 mhz machine quadro card 1 gig ram. its is taking like 20 seconds to activate a view. and so on between comands any suggestions? it really seems performance is going down rather than progressing. seems every new version of the software we are getting much slower.

looking for advice on what can be down. ryan

Reply to
Ryan Hay- SDSI

Install Sp 2.1 it's suppose to be much better with drawing speed.

Jay

Reply to
Jay Guthrie

SP1 had a major problem with drawing performance. The only solution is to apply sp 2.1. I do not recommend rolling back to sp0 because then you will have problems with your hole wizard.

Hope this helps. (Isn't this fun?????????)

jk

Reply to
John Kreutzberger

thanks allot guys will try

I hope there are not other issues that arise

Reply to
Ryan Hay- SDSI

That issue itself was why we didn't jump into 2004 here. With 1.0, you have to restart SW about every 15 min to keep moving. 2.0 actually took care of that one, but it had other issues.......enough said there......

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany