2003 Blocks

I have a block that I use for a BOM that consists of lines and text. The pieces of text are there (all X's) so I can modify them to things such as Det#, quantity, material, sheet, zone. I have also given all these pieces of text the same tag name just so I can modify it by double clicking the piece of text I want to change. I have different blocks for jobs that heve like 15 details, 25 details and so on. If the job has only 12 details in the BOM I would explode the block instance and delete the last three lines, window select every thing thats left and do "tools", "block", "make" to re group the block. This is where the problem is, all the text reverts back to the x's that it was before I modified it. It works fine in 2001+ but does not in 2003, 2004. I find this is more efficient on some jobs than assigning custom properties because you dont have to have a screw or dowel in every hole or assemble every part you want in the BOM. Any one know how to keep this from happening?

Reply to
T Jones

My guess is that it's reblocking per the current definition that is in the drawing file. It sounds like you only have one of those blocks per drawing, so you should be able to modify the definition, rather than the instance.

I have an article that I wrote about 2003 & blocks when it came out if you want it. Let me know.

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

Wayne, please send me this article. Thanks TJ

Reply to
T Jones