I hate Bluebeam!

How come bluebeam is always my default when I go to print? How can I change that? Bluebeam thinks it needs to take control of all my printing and it's pissing me off!

It seems more like cheap spieware than a legitimate program. I have bluebeam files spread from one end of my computer to the other. Can't believe all the bluebeam crap I found in my registry. I like a pdf writer with a preview before it saves a file. This has none. I tried to see if the wonderful win installer will take this garbage off my computer and it gives no options for it.

What a POS! Solidworks needs higher standards than to allow this.

Jay

Reply to
Jay Guthrie

Ok, I figured it out. Had to change it in control panel and do a reboot to get the settings to take hold.

Still, I really don't like it when you install software and it takes control of your settings. Would be nice to get if off my system.

Jay

Reply to
Jay Guthrie

I'm glad I didn't buy it for $99 when I had the chance. I use Adobe Distiller. Have to go thru the additional step to print to a PostScript driver, then convert the .prn file to .pdf, but I have all kinds of output control that way. After reading about all the problems people have had with service packs and Bluebeam it's hard not to conclude that it's a POS.

'Sporky'

Jay Guthrie wrote:

Reply to
Sporkman

I was immediately turned off by Bluebeam's "special offer" of $99. I use a great product called PDF-Exchange that costs half that amount and works flawlessly. It is available at:

the people there couldn't be nicer to deal with.

And I was annoyed that Bluebeam has no option to not install in the first place. And there is no entry in the uninstall table, so it looks like it is being forced on us. I deleted it as a printer and removed it from the SW list of add-ins. Haven't got around to purging all the registry entries (there are lots of them). I wonder if it will return again after I install SP 2.1?

Art W.

PostScript

Reply to
Art Woodbury

Yep!

We use PDF995 registered for $9.95. It does everything we need it to do. If you want more options, like preventing a user from printing your pdf, etc. then you can get the "suite" for $19.95. We've been using it for over a year and not a single issue.

As for bluebeam, I disabled the add-in, deleted the printer, then from the "Printers and Faxes" list I pulled down "File" - "Server Properties" and removed anything bluebeam related from the ports and drivers tabs. I didn't go after the registry entries 'cause I just figured it would cause more problems than it would solve.

- Eddy

Reply to
Eddy Hicks

e-Print from

($99) does PDF and many other formats. See
for a comparizon of vector formats (PDF, DWF, SVG...)

Reply to
Philippe Guglielmetti

Personally, I found it laughable that this is a "discounted" price. Comparable products with nearly similar capabilities sell for about this (and many often times less). If one has $249, which is bluebeam's list price, why not simply buy acrobat? I'm sure I'm missing something imprortant . . .

But, I would not be surprised to hear that it's selling. Especially since it can "programatically" decide which paper to use or whatever.

"Programatically"

Reply to
Sean-Michael Adams

I haven't been able to use Bluebeam with any other software.

Can it be?

Reply to
Jacob Filek

as a longtime user of the full acrobat application, i have no use for bluebeam. i would certainly welcome an option not to install bluebeam.

Reply to
kenneth b

You could do it in one step like printing to paper using redmon:

You've got ghostscript already on your system.

All you have to do after hitting the print button is give it a name and a place to store...

Norbert71

Reply to
Rocko

That was baaaaaadddd! :-) LOL

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

FWIW, I have loved having the saveas PDF option available. Simple reality in my world is lots and lots of outgoing pdf files. This addin saves me having to re-navigate over and over to my working directory as the addin recylcles SW working folder.

Basically, It saves my tired hand a certain number of mouse clicks for which I am gratefull. Havn't experienced any problems that others have had so for me it's been all good.

Zander

"Wayne Tiffany" wrote in news:c0brn7$14nqth$ snipped-for-privacy@ID-201804.news.uni-berlin.de:

Reply to
Zander

Ditto!!

Merry :-)

Reply to
Merry Owen

Sporky, Curious why you use distiller. I have found it to be quirky. When you installed Acrobat there is an option under custom installation (in later versions) that installs Adobe PDF Writer. I use PDF Writer exclusively, it creates a .pdf file and automatically displays it in adobe acrobat reader. If you select "print as image" in the print options, you never have any issues, and get a clean pdf output. I tried that blue beam once and was not impressed.

Ur Old buddy Mike

Reply to
Michael Brusich

Hey ol' buddy -- was glad to see you last night at the SWUG meeting. Have you looked at

yet? Actually Distiller came from installing Adobe PageMaker. I had no option to install the PDF writer that I remember.

'Sporky'

Michael Brusich wrote:

Reply to
Sporkman

Sporkman, AH! Ok I just assumed you loaded Acrobat. PDF Writer comes with Acrobat. Anyway yes I did look at the

Website. Absolutely tongue-in-cheek Hilarious! I have to get some of their offerings. Thanks.

Ur Old buddy Mike

"If a Pretty Poster and a Cute Saying are All it Takes to Motivate You, You Probably Have a Very Easy Job. The Kind robots Will Be Doing Soon."

Reply to
Michael Brusich

How about this for a motivator... a Poster with a saying like "Pride is in what you do, not what you say - please take one" and beneath the poster is a box dispensing hundred dollar bills :)

:)

- Eddy

Reply to
Eddy Hicks

imo, v4 works best (lean & fast). seems as though acrobat has suffered by adding too many bells and whistles (software turns into a pig).

Reply to
kenneth b