Bluebeam

Ok... if I print a Solidworks drawing using Bluebeam PDF printer where is the file saved? I am not given an option of where to save... or at least I cant find it.

Reply to
will

Apparently you are still on a version prior to SW2006 SP3.0. You don't "print" using the Bluebeam printer. Instead, go to Tools>Add-Ins and make your the Save as PDF add-in is checked. Then, you do simply that. You do a "save-as", and under the file type, select PDF. It's that simple.

Word of advise... If you want to continue producing quality PDF files using the save-as function, do not upgrade past SW2006 SP3.0. They "improved" this feature by dropping Bluebeam and using Adobe, which still to this day has tons of problems.

Reply to
Seth Renigar

What has 'save as PDF' got to do with Bluebeam? I'm talking about the 'print to PDF' option here. There is also an option for print to Bluebeam PDF. What is this? If I print using this where is the file saved?

Seth Renigar wrote:

Reply to
will

Like I said, if you are still using a version prior to SW2006 SP3.0, and do not have the full-blown Bluebeam Pushbutton PDF software installed, then what you are seeing as a Bluebeam PDF printer was actually installed by SolidWorks. But to use it, you don't "PRINT" to it. That accomplishes nothing. It is just a Bluebeam driver that was installed so that the "SAVE AS PDF" function will work within SW. If you follow my steps and "SAVE AS PDF", you will get the dialog to browse to whatever folder you want to put the PDF in.

Now, if you DO have the full-blown Bluebeam Pushbutton PDF software installed, then I can't help you with that. I have never used it.

If you have a later service pack, the Bluebeam PDF printer that you see is completely worthless and can be removed from your system. Later SP's of SW nor any other software can use it.

Reply to
Seth Renigar