Bluebeam PDF printer files?

Spoke to my VAR this morning on an unrelated issue, but while I had him on the phone, I posed a question to him.

Some of my older SW files contain references to a printer in their document settings that I no longer have. If I simply open one and hit the printer icon, it defaults to using the Bluebeam PDF printer rather than the windows default. According to my VAR, when this happens, a file is, in fact, created. He has ask SW tech ( previously ) where these files are stored. They and he do not know.

This occurs relatively infrequently, and is decreasing as I save the files with the new printer settings. But, at 2-3 times a week x 3 years ( however long the save as pdf has been available ), somewhere there is a directory with several hundred useless files in it. The files are not stored in the same directory as the drawing, nor are they stored with a .pdf extension.

Anyone know where they are? I'd like to remove them.

Reply to
Brian

You need to look for *.PSB files. These are created when using the BlueBeam printer. The default location is in your temp directory specified in the environment of Windows.

Jeff Parker

Reply to
SWX-VAR-JP

Thanks found them. Were in the C:\temp\bluebeam software directory. Just needed to know the proper file extension to search out. Seems it creates two files for every use. One with the .psB extension, and another with the .mxB extension. If the above directory does not exist, printing to the bluebeam pdf printer will create it without user consent/intervention.

Reply to
Brian

Hello-

For the past 2 years, I've had these 2 shortcuts on my desktop:

C:\Documents and Settings\"User"\Local Settings C:\temp

I clean them out everyday.

Best Regards, Devon T. Sowell

Devon T. Sowell

Why not add both locations to a batch file that does it for you? If you log in each morning, it could run automatically. If not, at least you then only have to double-click on the icon and it does the work for you.

WT

For the past 2 years, I've had these 2 shortcuts on my desktop:

C:\Documents and Settings\"User"\Local Settings C:\temp I clean them out everyday. Best Regards, Devon T. Sowell

Wayne Tiffany

Great idea, Wayne, thanks.

Devon

consent/intervention.

Reply to
Devon T. Sowell

this is a most interesting post, thank you for the information. i always wondered where and what it produced.

now for the un-asked question. the files that are produced, are they a PDF file? if they are why do they have a different suffix?

i would expect that if i used this printer that i would get a PDF file... Wrong?

am i th> Great idea, Wayne, thanks.

Reply to
iQ