Printer Model

Hi,

I remember playing with a detailed printer assembly of SW a couple of months ago. I was wondering if anyone knows where to get that assembly from. It even had a printed paper of SW in the tray. TIA

Reply to
MM

you may have seen that at a show somewhere -- that is one of solidworks' demo sets. You VAR will have access to those files. Ask them for it, however it will be rather large data set I believe.

Steve Tietz

Reply to
Steve Tietz

actually, I had the model and was able to open it on my machine. I just can't remember how I got it.

Reply to
MM

I know it comes with the pdmworks training. The paper in the tray is a SWX marketing sheet that may have been made by applying a decal. Pretty cool stuff.

Gary

Reply to
Gary Wolfe

The printer is part of the PDM/Works Training Files (at least it was for PDM/Works 2003). If you were fortunate enough to take the class, you would have worked on the files as part of a lesson. I think the assembly was well over 300 parts, not exactly an emailable situation even if you could find it from someone. It should fit on a cd, though.

Reply to
Pete Yodis

The paper in the tray is a neat 'trick'. I'll share how it is done, on the sketch that creates the 'sheet of paper' you insert a picture. After extruding, right click on the sketch in the feature manager and select show sketch.

I've used it many times to show company logos and other decals type scenarios without using photoworks.......

Reply to
SBC

Hey Thanks! That is a cool trick.

Reply to
Gary Wolfe

Thanks everyone! Now my search is narrowed down, I can find it easier.

Reply to
MM