SW2004 SP1 - Can't create section views in drawings!

In a newly created drawing I tried to produce a section view but got the following error message;

"There are currently no drawing views from which a section could be made"

I then opened an existing drawing which contained section views produced with SW2004 SP0, and when I tried to create a new section view I got the same error message.

I have searched the SW group and couldn't find a reference to this problem, so I guess it is a fault with my installation - or could it be that I am the only person stupid enough to have installed this update?

Is there a setting that controls this, is there a way to roll back to SP0?

Help please.

Regards,

Jon

Reply to
Jon Ross

I have made numerous section views both yesterday and today in SW 2004 Sp1....no problems at all here

Krister L

Reply to
Krister L

Try to lock the view in which You create the section

Krister L

Reply to
Krister L

Thanks for the feedback, problem now sorted.

I had deselected dynamic drawing view activation in system options, don't know why, but I had. Using my standard method for creating section views - draw the line in the view then hit the section view button therefore failed to work.

Following your advice lead me to where I had gone wrong.

I also guess I am also starting to think the worst from reading too many negative posts, rather than stopping and really THINKING before reacting, not a good enough excuse though!

Thanks again,

Jon

Reply to
Jon Ross