BOM Exporting...

Quick question, (should be anyway)

Using SWx 2005, SP5.0....

I have a large SWx generated BOM that I need to export to an Excel spreadsheet. I have had no need to ever do this in the past, so after checking the help file, is seemed pretty simple...Select the BOM, go to File/save as, and save in a .xls format. However, my choices are only the .sldbomtbt, .txt or a .csv file. ANyone know what I 'm missing?

I apologize if it's easy, but I'm going on 6 hrs sleep since Friday and I'm getting a little fried. (new baby in 'da house)

Thanks,

Scott

Reply to
IYM

Thank you both (Ace & Seth)!!

Scott

Reply to
IYM

Save it as a .csv. Click on the file in Windows Explorer, it will open in Excel and then you can save it as a .xls file.

Reply to
Double Ace

If you save it as a .csv file, it will open in Excel. You can then save it as a native Excel file from there. Kind-of got to go around the world to get next door.... But it works.

Reply to
Seth Renigar