replace component and mate problem

I have replaced a component and have checked "re attach mates", but I still have numberous triangles and exclamation marks. Is there any easier way than to go into every mate and re-mate manually?

Reply to
billyb

You will have to re-mate your broken mates. Just modify them and fix the offending selections.

If your parts are copied and morphed from the originals of the parts in your assembly you will have less issues with this.

I have one SHCS model that has been copied and morphed into new SHCS files. I can replace these parts all day long with no mates errors. The key is the internal id's of all the faces, planes, etc is the same so SW will recognize this when doing a Replace. This same SHCS was used as the starting point for my LHCS file and my BHCS file, it can be swapped out without mate errors.

Copy the base part to clone for your new version will help reduce mate errors when replacing.

You can also add Mate References to your models, read up on that in the Help files.

Cheers,

Anna Wood

Reply to
Anna Wood

Have you tried "replace mate entities"? It's essentially the same thing, re-mating every mate manually, but at least they're all there in one place - two clicks per mate (select the mate, select the new entity). The same display should have appeared in the feature manager after you replaced the component; if you missed it there you can get to it by right clicking on the part in the feature tree or the viewing area (you may have to extend the context menu by clicking on the double arrow at the bottom, if you haven't turned off that option). As Anna suggested, using the old part as a basis for the new one will minimize these difficulties.

-Mark

Reply to
Mark