problem with identical mate refs on same part

Hi all,

I am having mixed success with mate references. What I would like to do is to create two mate references with the same name on a single part. I have gotten this to work on larger parts (In which case, I've created as many as 8 of the same kind / name on a single part). But this seems to get twitchy when dealing with small components.

Specifically, I would like to place a mate reference called connect at each end of a tube fitting. The reason for the identical constraint names at each end is that I may need to daisy chain these fittings. In which case, I need to insert the male end of one fitting into the female end of another and so on. As far as I can tell, if I gave the male end one name and the female end another, the constraints would not be applied when I tried to used the mate refereneces.

The problem comes in when I try to switch which end is mated to the previous part. What I cannot seem to do is to toggle which one of the mate references is used. I know you can use the tab key to toggle which direction the part is pointing but I can't seem to find the key which toggles which of the multiple mate references (and therefore which end of the fitting) is used for the placement of the part.

I am primarly using the alt drag method to activate the mate references. Also, all of the mate ref definitions are referencing the same entity types, constraint type, and alignments

Thanks for your help,

Roger James Erie Engineering Troy, Michigan

Reply to
roger.james