Video card for SW

Our engineer at work has a part with 3800 drilled & tapped holes. Zoom & rotate are slow, like 30 seconds. Computer is a core 2 duo, 3.6 GHz, 4 gigs memory. Win XP 32 bit. I don't know the current video card, or whether AGP or PCI-e. He'd like to spend about 500 to 600 bucks. Any users have a good video card to recommend?

Reply to
Steve Walker

If you haven't already, try posting this in comp.cad.solidworks

-- Tom

brewertr

I'd recommend one of the Nvidia Quadro FX PCI-e series of cards. In thant price range maybe the FX1500 or FX1700. They are the standard for most cadcam systems. In that price range he could have 512mgs on the card.

If his current project reflects an average working model, then I'd recommend he step up to on with 768mgs. I use the FX4600 card at work on NX for fairly complex turbine components and it's a screamer. While expensive... so is time!

Hopefully those threads are only representations and not explicit features!

-- Bill

Reply to
Bill