blocks

I'm running 2005. I insert a block several several times into a drawing, I use them for inspection points. I edit each block by changing a number. It used to be that I could edit it with a different number. Now all blocks change to the same number, so I can't have unique numbers. It wasn't that in the previous release. What's up.

Reply to
spiney

Make the number an attribute and change that. See help on attributes. It takes a bit of getting used to. I use them for a block to specify a DXF file that goes with the print for CNC purposes.

Reply to
TOP

Actually that functionality came along with SW2003. Since it was such a dramatic difference in the way that blocks worked, I ended up writing an article about how the new blocks worked and how to use them. If you would like a copy (although a couple years old, and there have been a couple very minor changes,) let me know and I will gladly send it.

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

The other option is to explode the block after placeing it. Probably not what your looking for, but an option non the less. :)

Reply to
Rory

Wayne, I would like to see the article. As it turns out it is machine dependent. It's not an issue for other machines in our group. GRRRR!!!!

Reply to
spiney

I just sent you the article.

You say that it's machine specific, but off hand I can't think of any way for that to be. Are you sure that you have tried the exact same drawing on another machine? It could be that the particular drawing that has that block definition in it has been modified. Just inserting the block from the server into another drawing as a test may bring in a good copy. You could also try deleting the block definition from the problem drawing and reinserting it from the server. Just some thoughts.

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany