Saving Blocks

Hi, firstly sorry for this post, it comes from an AutoCAD newbie and I think
would be pretty elementary to experienced users.
I have designed several items in drawings in which I have also created a number
of Blocks for insertion, my question relates to
where AutoCAD saves those blocks and under what name/extension.
Are the Blocks that are created with a drawing saved as part of each drawing
respectively, or are they saved elsewhere? If they
are saved with each drawing can I change things (settings or otherwise) to allow
me to use these Blocks in other drawings or do I
have to copy and save each Block in each drawing?
Thank you for your help, all assistance is greatly appreciated.
Cheers
Mike the Kiwi
Reply to
Mike the Kiwi
Blocks are saved in the drawing unless you "Wblock" them to file. Using wblock you can save the block(s) for use in other drawings. Or, you can create your block as a seperate drawing and then insert it to another drawing....just specify the path. See the help files for more explanation, or just try using it and see what it does :-)
Jeff
think would be pretty elementary to experienced users.
number of Blocks for insertion, my question relates to
drawing respectively, or are they saved elsewhere? If they
allow me to use these Blocks in other drawings or do I
Reply to
Jeff
Thanks Jeff, I will give it a try mate :)
Reply to
Mike the Kiwi
Yes I did it! Damn that was easy ...lol, see I told ya I was a newbie :)
Cheers Mike the Kiwi
Reply to
Mike the Kiwi
... or you can make a templet with your blocks and use it when creating a new drawing ... or you can use design center to drag&drop blocks
bob.at
Reply to
bob.at
Thanks bob.at, but remember the word "Newbie" do ya!! ...lol :)
Reply to
Mike the Kiwi