gettin blocks from drawings

Hello there i am asking a Q about blocks. is there a way of getting a block out of a drawing or saving it without opening the drawing or selection of drawings. see i have had to reformat my comp and saved all my working files and went to save my blocks but there was a problem and then i had no choice amd my comp went know i have all the files as total drawings with blocks in but no blocks any one got a good solution. Scott

Reply to
Amy&Scott

HiHo; WBLOCK will save blocks as seperate drawings. If the blocks are in a reference drawing wblock the block and insert into new drawing. In r2000i and up there is DesignCenter.

Reply to
bestafor

Without opening the drawing? That was the question.

Reply to
CW

This will work as long as there are no xref's in the drawing.

(defun C:BLKOUT () (setq SS1 nil BLOC (cdr (assoc 2 (tblnext "BLOCK" T))) ) (while BLOC (if (= (substr BLOC 1 1) "*") ; if anonymous block (name starts with

*) skip nil (command "WBLOCK" (strcat (getvar "DwgPrefix") BLOC) "=") ) (setq BLOC (cdr (assoc 2 (tblnext "BLOCK")))) );while )
Reply to
Randy Jones

...and using command ADC (Autocad Design Center) for output blocks?

Max

"Amy&Scott" ha scritto nel messaggio news:40855cb0$1 snipped-for-privacy@mk-nntp-2.news.uk.tiscali.com...

Reply to
Max