Arghh! My sw2007 sp1 hangs opening drawings

Hi,

My sw2007 sp1 has developed this situation where I open a drawing file (whether or not the parts / assm's are already opened) and:

1: I see the preview, can pan, zoom, etc 2: The little bar that shows the progress of loading parts appears, but never gets any green square in it. 3: I can access menus but no commands wille execute.

Essential boils down to the fact that solidworks is hung up, I have to kill it from the task manager and start again.

This is happening so often it's starting to cause serious problems. My var has made some suggestions re: virus software, addin's etc but all to no avail.

Any ideas?

Zander

Reply to
Zander

Standard reply, but I start by turning off all add-ins. Also try opening a new drawing. Only particular drawings? What if you open lightweight? How about "hiding" the model files so the drawing can't find any of them and then try opening.

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

Thanks Wayne,

I did turn off all addin's (except toolbox). Happens to all drawings. Seems random, doesn't matter if I have all the parts open already or not. Doesn't matter if I've just started solidworks or if I've been working in it for a while. Lightweight doesn't matter - havn 't tried hiding the models yet.

Basically I'll work for an hour, opening closing saving etc, then for some reason the next drawing I open will hang sw. I've learned now to do a saveall before opening a drawing :(

Another rebuild may be in my future. I just can't get 2007 to work well here. Since I first installed it I've rebuilt my system 3 times (2 were due to try 64bit windows and then later abandoning it).

Zander

Wayne Tiffany wrote:

Reply to
Zander

Zander,

I'm curious about your experience with 64bit windows. I've been looking at changing when I replace my workstation, but I'm not sure there's much advantage at this point. Sounds like it was a negative in your experience.

Craig

Reply to
Craig