Acad2005 Hangs at Regenerating Drawing

Hi all

I have 1 of 5 CAD PCs which is causing trouble. This machine was upgraded from 2002 rather than a clean install. Autocad loads fine until it reaches the Regenerating Drawing stage of the default drawing and then hangs for considerable time before finally completing load sequence. Also, I am not sure if this is connected, once using Acad, the file open dialog box takes ages to populate with the available drawings in a selected folder.

Anyone come across this please?

TIA

Phil

Reply to
TheScullster

Could it be that the default drawing contains the layer defpoints, and that that layer is frozen when you are attempting to regenerate? If so, some versions of AutoCAD will hang. Try thawing the depoints layer in that drawing and see if that solves the issue.

Reply to
Phych