Regenerating Silica gel in microwave?

Hi

Is it possible to regenerat silica gel (the desiccant) in paper packets by using a home microwave oven? If so any suggestion on the heating sequence?

Correct me if I am wrong, silica gel is a ceramic with lots of porosity? I have only been able to find information that is aimed at the general public and my background in polymers doesn't help.

Many Thanks

Reply to
O K