microwave leak

Is it possible to check a home microwave oven by passing a small florescent tube over the seals.

Thanks and yes I know, a meter wouldn't be that expensive.

rq

Reply to
RQ

Sounds simple enough to be a HOMEWORK PROBLEM to me.

Reply to
SM

If enough microwave energy were leaking to be dangerous, then YES, it would definitely glow somewhat.

It doesn't take much RF to energize a flourescent tube. However, since the amount that leaks from a microwave is usually quite small, the tube may not light (or you may need to turn out ALL the lights to see it)

-Z

RQ wrote:

Reply to
Zorin the Lynx