microwave leak

Is it possible to check a home microwave oven by passing a small florescent tube over the seals.
Thanks and yes I know, a meter wouldn't be that expensive.

rq

florescent
Sounds simple enough to be a HOMEWORK PROBLEM to me.
If enough microwave energy were leaking to be dangerous, then YES, it would definitely glow somewhat.
It doesn't take much RF to energize a flourescent tube. However, since the amount that leaks from a microwave is usually quite small, the tube may not light (or you may need to turn out ALL the lights to see it)
-Z
RQ wrote:

--
Ned Flat: "Why are you acting like this??"
Yakko: "We're not acting. We really are like this."