what to use to bond Acrylic to PVC?

Will aralidite do the job or is there something better?
SS

Araldite epoxy would be good for a number of situations. Could you expalin more about the materials and joint geometry? For example rigid v. flexible PVC, thin layers v. thick etc
I'll be glueing a piece of acrylic tube OD 25mm in to a PVC fitting bore size about 25.5mm. It will all be held fairly ridgidly - neither part is a 'moving part'.
Should I key the surfaces lightly with emery paper prior to bonding or is there any other method I should use?
SS

Would suggest a wipe with isopropyl alcohol followed by mild abrasion as you mention. Wipe again with the alcohol to removed abraded material.
I would suggest a two part room temperature cure medium viscosity epoxy adhesive. Apply a circumferential bead to the end of the tube and assemble with a twist to spread the adhesive into a uniform film.
RT
On 11 Dec 2003 00:59:32 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (RThomp7367) wrote:

This type of structure is (tube into hub/connector) is bonded all the time in the medical device industry, using light curing adhesives. Suitability for you would depend on light transmission of the parts and how many you are doing. Check www.dymax.com if you would like to pursue this option.

Light curing adhesives are commonly used to bond polycarbonate hubs to various tubing types in the medical device industry.
The simplest and most common (IV tube sets) method I'm aware of for bonding acrylic to PVC is solvent bonding with cyclohexanone.
Thanks for all your input.
The part is for a test rig for a university project.
I have easy access to Araldite so I'll use that...
SS