Bonding / potting PVC + Polyethylene + Polypropylene

Hi All - I hope someone here can help with some advice or point me in the direction of a more suitable Usenet group.

I'm looking for a potting compound to seal a cable where it enters into a machined PVC housing that is used under water (up to 10m).

The potting compound that will need to:

1) Bond well to PVC, Polyethylene, Polypropylene. 2) Be pour-able into a 1" x 1" x 0.75" void. 3) Not be a UV cure etc - 2 component mix preferred.

We are currently using a 2 part epoxy. This works ok but does not bond to the polyethylene or Polypropylene every well. This results in leakage of water into the units when the outer cable is damaged. We make these units manually in batches of 20.

Any suggestions as to a better potting compound?

One supplier I contacted suggested that epoxy was by far the best in terms of bonding to other plastics & that I needed a primer or bond promoter. Unfortunately he was unable to recommend one......

Any advice gratefully received.

Thanks

Reply to
Glenn B