A stable permanent material that has the properties of firm Gelatine(Gelatin) ?

By using half of the proportion of water (as advised in the formula for use in a culinary setting) you can end up making a very firm slab of gelatine (Gelatin).
This suits my purpose HOWEVER being as it is an organic object - in time it will become moldy and disintegrate.
http://www.polytechforum.com/pic/thumb_714200962.jpg
Photo shows a gelatin slab that has no color - its just gel-like, floppy but with a degree of rigidity. This is actually a synthetic gelatin plate made by a company based in the USA who use "mineral oil and polymers" that's all I know about that particular item.
* *I wondered if any of you on here might have any suggestions as to how I might make a similar material perhaps using some kind of polymer possibly "Kraton" (as used in the production of Gelatin Soap )*? *
click to open the full size version of the image