Acrylic to PVC? Sources of PVC sheet?

Can I bond acrylic to PVC with PVC pipe glue?
I have a project that involves PVC pipe with end caps made on the lathe,
but Tap Plastics doesn't carry PVC sheet (or I'm misreading their
website).
So -- do I make the end caps out of acrylic and bond with epoxy, do I
scratch up some PVC, what?
(External caps won't work, alas -- I'm making a #6 battery replacement,
so looks matter).
Reply to
Tim Wescott
Aquarium people deal with this kind of stuff often. Take a look at
for some advice.
Reply to
rangerssuck
Thanks!
Reply to
Tim Wescott
Can I bond acrylic to PVC with PVC pipe glue?
I have a project that involves PVC pipe with end caps made on the lathe, but Tap Plastics doesn't carry PVC sheet (or I'm misreading their website).
So -- do I make the end caps out of acrylic and bond with epoxy, do I scratch up some PVC, what?
(External caps won't work, alas -- I'm making a #6 battery replacement, so looks matter).
Reply to
Carl Ijames
D'oh. I should have thought to check McMaster. This is why I ask questions...
Reply to
Tim Wescott
Local box stores carry PVC foam board and PVC trim board. Also I believe Azec decking is a hard PVC board.
Reply to
Bob La Londe
googledit.
Shoulda looked to Ridout Plastics. ;)
Tooth is almost always a good idea when it comes to gluing, except when solvent gluing.
Reply to
Larry Jaques