Acrylic to PVC? Sources of PVC sheet?

Can I bond acrylic to PVC with PVC pipe glue?

I have a project that involves PVC pipe with end caps made on the lathe, but Tap Plastics doesn't carry PVC sheet (or I'm misreading their website).

So -- do I make the end caps out of acrylic and bond with epoxy, do I scratch up some PVC, what?

(External caps won't work, alas -- I'm making a #6 battery replacement, so looks matter).

Reply to
Tim Wescott

Aquarium people deal with this kind of stuff often. Take a look at

for some advice.

Reply to
rangerssuck

Thanks!

Reply to
Tim Wescott

Can I bond acrylic to PVC with PVC pipe glue?

I have a project that involves PVC pipe with end caps made on the lathe, but Tap Plastics doesn't carry PVC sheet (or I'm misreading their website).

So -- do I make the end caps out of acrylic and bond with epoxy, do I scratch up some PVC, what?

(External caps won't work, alas -- I'm making a #6 battery replacement, so looks matter).

Reply to
Carl Ijames

D'oh. I should have thought to check McMaster. This is why I ask questions...

Reply to
Tim Wescott

Local box stores carry PVC foam board and PVC trim board. Also I believe Azec decking is a hard PVC board.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

googledit.

Shoulda looked to Ridout Plastics. ;)

Tooth is almost always a good idea when it comes to gluing, except when solvent gluing.

Reply to
Larry Jaques