PVC pipe airframe (HP) Tips needed!

I'm building a rocket using 4" pvc sewer pipe for the airframe. I was wondering if anyone else might know of any links or useful information on using this material for airframes. I'm particularly interested in seeing ways of gluing or bonding it. I've decided to use glassed fins in a through the wall to motor mount configuration to keep the fin attachment as strong as possible but I also need to attach the glassed C.Rings onto the inside of the tube I was considering using West Systems epoxy with small SS screws as anchors through the airframe.

Any links comments or tips for me are appreciated.

I've just completed a really nice nose cone for this project. I wirecut EPS and covered that with 2 layers of cloth and then finished it off to a nice smooth finish using fairing filler. I plan to do something similar to make a fiberglass motor tube now.

-- L & K All incoming and outgoing email scanned by Norton Antivirus updated daily.

Reply to
L & K

You might talk to John Wickman, or check out his website

I know he does a lot with PVC airframes and even motor casings.

Reply to
dave1472

Check out

to see one fly on a Ratt K and an Ellis M.

You just need to glue the fins to the airframe.

Arnold

Reply to
Arnold Roquerre