Scratch 2 stage

I'm building a 2 stage rocket with a stage coupler behind the fins. What does having the motor's nozzle 4 inches behind the fins do to the CP and it's relation to CG? I've used the calculations at

to calculate the rockets CD but it ignores any airframe behind the fins so I was wondering if anyone might have an idea or link?

Thanks

Layne

-- L & K All incoming and outgoing email scanned by Norton Antivirus updated daily.

Reply to
L & K

Try downloading VCP and using that. It is a pretty good program and will be able to tell you the effect on CP and CG (presuming you get the weights right).

L & K wrote:

Reply to
Richard Hubbard

Thank you Richard I'll try VCP.

Reply to
L & K

There used to be an L&K Motel IIRC around the time of LDRS-1.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine