Rotational setup stage

I've the following problem. Not sure if I'm able to describe it. I have a rotational stage (i.e. one vertical rotating axis). Now I would like to distribute this rotational motion to another axis parallel to this one, but having two points now rotating at the same time. The following scheme should help maybe. III represent a sort of holding structure C is my rotational stage (can be presetn anywhere) while the two A's represent two points (on teh same vertical line) taht rotates together. That means C is making the lower A rotating and the upper A rotating too. And the amount of rotation is the same for both of them. This is very important for my application (and this is why I use two pionts of rotation). In fact in the upper A and the lower A I will attach a sample that is not rigid. And if the two A's are not moving of exactly the same amount the sample will start to torque.

I was thinking using some belts connecting C with lower A, and Upper A with lower A. but the belt are not rigid enough (I'm moving the two A's of a step of 1/10 of a degree). So probably gear are better. But to machine something could be very expensive. Is there something around that could do the work approximately and that is commercialy available? Thanks

IIII A II I I I I IIII A II

C C C

Reply to
vinegoni