Blood on my drawings!

Hi All,

Got one that's got me stumped good and proper.

As of mid-morning this morning, all of the annotations (dimensions, balloons, hole callouts, notes etc) I'm adding to drawings are showing up red! (hence the blood reference in the subject). All of the existing ones are in black, but any new ones I add are red. Now of our

4 workstations, two of them have started doing this today, but another two are still functioning fine and adding in annotations in the right colours.

Now I've gone through all of the places I can find and I can't see anything I might have changed to change it. I've tried changing the layer colours, the colours in tools>options, I've tried starting from blank templates, and NOTHING I do can change the annotation colours from red.

Anyone got any suggestions? I'm stuck halfway through a drawing set until I can get this fixed!

George.

Reply to
George.Maddever

Maybe asking the obvious, but is your current layer red, whatever it's called?

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

Cheers Wayne... don't worry about offering obvious solutions, because it's always the obvious things you miss!

Sadly, no. I've changed the colour of the layer and while I can change the colour of all my existing annotations to whatever colour I want, the ones I've added remain steadfastly RED.

George.

Reply to
George.Maddever

There is a way to change the current color such that it changes the system color, not the document color. I think you have to select somewhere off of the drawing sheet, and then change the text color to do it. This has been this way for probably almost a decade.

Here it is, I just tested it. With nothing selected, click the Line Color tool on the Line Format toolbar, and set it to black or whatever color you want it to be. That won't fix any existing blood on yor drawing, buyt it will keep any more from spilling,.

By the way, next time aks Banker about things like that. He's an expert with reading the Bible adn seeing all those videos. I mean the guys a solidworks giant. He shodnt be so stingy with his wisdon.

Daisy.

Reply to
ChamberPot

BINGO, that's the ticket! Lord knows how it changed! My guess is that one of ym designer's SWX crashed this morning and defaulted his computer to that setting for some reason, When I opened one of his docs, it must have set mine to that as well.

Thanks a million for the tip! It really was one of those obscure hidden ones eh?

Now to mop up all the blood! :)

Reply to
George.Maddever

I've had this happen to me before too. Instead of selecting a particular color, set it to default (lower LH corner of "Line Color" menu) and it will follow your layer coloring. You should also be able to select all the dimension that you put in before and set them back to default.

Rory

Reply to
Rory