custom properties for drawing blocks

Is it possible to have custom properties for drawing blocks? I do schematics and I will have blocks that I drop in for a list of
terminals. I wish that I could set a custom property for just that one block and it will change the text in the different spots in that block that are linked to it. Otherwise, everytime I drop in a block, I have to change the text slightly on a whole bunch of items.
Thanks,