template question, blocks

Is it possible to create a block that has prompted values. Similar to an attributed block in Autocad?

Thanks Again

Reply to
Monty

I don't believe so. But the way I do it is with a series of predefined blocks stored in the drawing template (ready to be dragged in) that have parameters linked to custom properties, like 'CustNo', 'Vendor', etc, in the part file. For multiple parts, you have to change which view properties are drawn from in the Sheet Properties.

Reply to
deimos

Yes you can. Use the API to prompt user for values then set the predifned attributes of a block. Or, have the user select the block and modify the attributes values manually.

T>> Is it possible to create a block that has prompted values. Similar to

Reply to
Tony