Weird custom properties in my custom sheet format

I have my company's title block & sheet set up as a custom sheet format, which I insert via "Add Sheet." The title block contains text
which is linked to custom properties. All work perfectly except for two: Project and Engineer. Those two seem to be set up exactly as all others are, but when I insert my custom sheet, instead of getting the value of those fields (example 1234A and John Doe) I get the custom property name in quotes ("Project" and "Engineer"). Also, those two are black, where the rest of the text is blue.
I can fix this by editing the sheet, selecting the offending fields and reselecting the custom property to link to. However I have to do that every time I insert the sheet... not productive.
Any ideas on why this might happen? Thanks.
Brian
Send me your sheet format & I'll take a look.
WT

Before or after you insert the first view on the sheet? When you edit the note it says "Engineer" not PRP$:"Engineer" or PRPSHEET$:"Engineer" Is it possible that the template has been updated, but the corresponding Sheet Format has not been updated properly.? You have to do both since SW looks to the harddrive for each new sheet instead of using the one on the first sheet. You might be able to check this by using the midified date since it should be the same day for both the .SLDDRT and the .DRWDOT.
Regards, Corey