Balloon numbers linked to custom properties

G'day, I am trying to write a assembling procedure within the design journal of an assembly drawing and I want to refer to each part by it's respective balloon number. Trouble is that every time I make a change to the assembly I have to manually update the changed balloon numbers of the parts. Is there anyway to link the balloon number so that I can insert a hyperlink to the balloon number property into the document? I thought of using a general table but I would still need a custom property linked to the balloon number of each component. Hope that makes sense. Regards, PJ.

Reply to
PJ

NO. There is no way to link the part number in an assembly model back to the part to update whenever the assy changes. I sure wish there was and is probably on 95% of everyones wish list.

Agreed. The only, very poor, alternative is to manually place some balloons and then format your text around them so it looks like they are actually in the note. Hardly worth the time, though, in my opinion, and certainly not acceptable for a large assy.

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

I don't know too much about this stuff, but maybe something via the SW API could go through and update things for you. Then you wouldn't have to manually update it. Can you explain exactly what you are trying to do in a way that even a non-SW user could do it? I'm not new, but the description is far better off being to specific than too light.

Reply to
Mr. Who

The text handling in 2006 is, dare I say it - bordering on the bad old days of Acad13. It's quite disappointing to have continual flakey text & formatting issues that just seem to roll on from one release to the next. I feel it's taken a step backwards in 2006. My Arial narrow font that looked fine in 2005 seems to now to be styled on a badly pixilated comic book format

Reply to
Neville Williams
.

Nev

There's a setting in the 2006 options that puts the model text front on. Default is aligned with the dimension and looks pixelated.

.... one of the first things I asked support!

Reply to
Cam

I found that a while back. I was really commenting on alot of niggly other text & Bom stuff

Reply to
Neville Williams