Partnumber in text on drawing

Hi, On a drawing i want to add the partnumber of a part in a text. The part number of my part is added under the "configuration properties" -> "Bill of Material Options" and we use a "User specified name". So our part number is not equal to the file name or that configuration name of the part.

Is there a SW property to call this part number or is there a workaround ? I'm working with SW2007 SP5.0.

Reply to
Willem1

I'm not clear what you're trying to do, but it is possible to have either a balloon or a note which displays any available custom property of the component to which it is attached.

John H

Reply to
John H

The partnumber used in the "configuration properties"/"Bill of materual options" (under the Configuration Tab) is not a custom property, and also not linked to a custom property. All our partnumbers are filled in at this place. Do also someone know if there is a macro which makes a custom property with the partnumber data from the "Bill of materual options"?

Reply to
Willem1

I don't really understand what Solidworks is trying to do with some of their functionality, but they certainly have succeeded in making this a confusing area.

I use the Solidworks-supplied custom property called PartNo, which you access through the file/properties dialog box. This can be assigned on a per-config basis. It can be called up in BOM's, notes and balloons.

Why there is also the separate part number field in the config properties is beyond me, and I've not managed to get it to work in a useful manner (not that I've devoted much time to it!).

John H

Reply to
John H